In a Business District:
A) NO BUILDING shall be erected, altered, or used for any of the following specified trades, industries, or uses:
- 1) ASSAYING OTHER THAN GOLD OR SILVER
- 2) BLACKSMITH OR HORSE-SHOEING SHOP
- 3) BLEACHING, DRYCLEANING OR DYEING AT THE WHOLESALE LEVEL
- 4) BOTTLING WORKS
- 5) BREWING OR DISTILLING LIQUOR OR SPIRITS
- 6) BRICK, TERRACOTA, OR TILE MANUFACTURING
- 7) CARPET OR BAG CLEANING
- 8) COAL, COKE OR WOOD YARD
- 9) COOPERAGE
- 10) CORDAGE WORKS
- 11) COTTON OR WOOLEN MILLS
- 12) EMAMELING
- 13) FLOWER OR GRAIN MILL OR ELEVATOR
- 14) FORGE WORKS, FOUNDRY, OR METAL WORKS
- 15) Garage for the storage of more than two (2) cars or filling station, unless the
Board of Appeals has deemed that the building and use will not be harmful to the neighborhood and that the proceedures for notification of abutters has been follwed ( a public hearing to be conducted with notification being mailed to the last known address of all property owners within five-hundred feet (500ft) of the lot, and said notification be done 15 days before the public hearing)
- 16) GLASS MANUFACTURE
- 17) ICE MANUFACTURE FOR SALE OR STORAGE OF MORE THAN TWENTY TONS
- 18) JUNK OR SCRAP METAL DUMP STORAGE OR WRECKING
- 19) LUMBER YARD
- 20) MACHINE SHOP
- 21) OILED OR RUBBER CLOTH MANUFACTURE
- 22) PAPER OR PULP MANUFACTURE
- 23) PETROLEUM, OR OTHER INFLAMMABLE LIQUIDS IN EXCESS OF 2,000 GALLONS; OR MANUFACTURE OF ANY OF ITS PRODUCTS
- 24) PLANING OR SAWMILL
- 25) PUBLIC UTILITY, POWER GENERATING PLANT
- 26) RAGS OR SCRAP PAPER DUMP; STORAGE, SORTING OR BAILING
- 27) RUBBER MANUFATURE OR TREATMENT
- 28) SHODDY MANUFACTURE
- 29) SLAUGHTER HOUSE
- 30) SOAP MANUFACTURE
- 31) STONE YARD OR CUTTING
- 32) SUGAR REFINING
- 33) TOBACCO OR CHEW TABACCO MANUFACTURE
- 34) ANY USE PROHIBITED IN A MANUFACTURING DISTRICT AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 5.
- 35) ANY OTHER USE, TRADE, OR INDUSTRY THAT IS INJURIOUS, NOXIUS, OR OFFENSIVE TO A NEIGHBORHOOD BY REASON OF THE EMISSION OF DUST, FUMES, ODORS, SMOKE, VIBRATIONS OR NOISE.
- B) No part of any building, except unroofed porches, shall be built
between the lines of intersecting streets and a line joining points on such lines seven feet (7ft) distant from their point of intersection.
C) No dwelling shall be built within twenty feet (20ft) or a distance
equal to fiften percent (15%) of the depth of the lot, which ever is less, from the rear lot line.
- D) No building shall be built with a sidewall within six feet (6ft) of the side lot line unless contigous thereto.
- E) No part of a building shall exceed in height the distance from its face to the line of the opposite side of the street, No building shall exceed eighty feet (80ft) in height. No dwelling shall exceed sixty-five feet or five (5) stories in height.